Àrd Thìr is an aran-weight blend of 60% Peruvian highland wool and 40% Alpaca, produced and distributed by Fyberspates for Kate Davies.
Àrd Thìr’s worsted spinning and carefully blended fibers lend it a wonderfully soft and squishy hand. It’s a round, smooth and highly versatile yarn that knits up into a wonderfully warm and even fabric.
Àrd Thìr's palette is inspired by a Scottish winter landscape. Those who love the Maine winter landscape will find the colors very familiar. Each of Kate’s ten shades is a subtle, muted marl; each possesses its own depth and tonal variety; some can be combined into intriguing gradients, and all work together harmoniously as a range.
- Fiber Content: 50% Peruvian highland wool, 40% Alpaca
- Weight: Worsted/Aran
- Gauge: 4-5 st/in on US 7-10
- Weight/Yardage: 50g/75yds
- Care: Hand Wash Cold, Dry Flat
- Country Of Origin: Scotland/Peru